When Arhaus asked if I wanted to partner with them to create my dream living room, I was thrilled, and immediately started imagining what it would look like!
Admittedly I am constantly browsing Zillow, Trulia and other real estate websites just to see what’s out there. It’s likely that Jay and I will be buying a house together within the next few years, so I am always on the lookout for the perfect one! I even made him drive by one for sale last week that I thought could be perfect for us, but we ultimately decided against exploring any further. I was already envisioning decorating and furnishing the house though, specifically the living room, which is one of the rooms in our current house that has pretty much stayed the same since I first moved in. That’s what made creating this mood board so easy and fun – I have so many design ideas stored in my head!
Lately, I have been really drawn to neutrals (whites, grays and beiges). I love choosing a simple color scheme, and mixing different patterns. Keeping with the neutral color pallet base, I decided to accent with gold and rose gold metals.
I started with the beautiful sectional sofa and gold round coffee table from Arhaus, which would be the center of the room where friends and family will gather. The sofa and accent chair will have large pillows and a soft throw blanket. I love the pillow I found that has metallic gold details!
My coffee table would be decorated with a metal and glass tray, large books on fashion and travel, and of course a candle. I am a huge fan of floral arrangements, but I don’t often display real flowers in the house because Fitz would eat them, so I instead decorate with faux florals. A large piece of art will go on one of the walls. By the way, I’m sure you’ve noticed a pattern here of pieces inspired by Paris…and I’m sure you are not surprised by that!
A living room designed like this is one I believe both Jay and I would enjoy. His focus might be the TV console (is there enough space for the X Box, Play Station, etc.) and of course the comfort of the sofa! That’s fine – leave the design details to me!
For even more inspiration, check out Arhaus’ living room page – so many beautiful pieces!
Images (from top, left to right):
- Overstock – Safavieh Adirondack Vintage Ivory-Slate Rug
- Wayfair – Sagebrook Home Metal Faux Marble End Table
- Wayfair – Nearly Natural Fancy Rose in Vase
- Wayfair – House-of-Hampton-Holleran-Console-Table
- Amazon – Vanity Fair 100 Years Coffee Table Book
- Joss & Main – Anabelle Curtain Panel Pair
- Joss & Main – 3-Piece Owl Decor Set
- Joss & Main – 3-Piece-Rialto-Bridge-Framed-Photographic-Print-Set
- Joss & Main – Mylo Rug in Gray
- Wayfair – 2 Tier Console Table
- Joss & Main – 2-Piece Sculptural Majesty Canvas Print
- Wayfair – Sagebrook Home Console Table
- Wayfair – Birch Lane Hydrangea in Vase
- Joss & Main – Nimbus Throw
- Wayfair – Mercury Row Beshears Throw Pillow
- Arhaus – Remington 147 inch Upholstered Sectional in Chalet Ash
- Arhaus – Charlotte 25 inch Round Glass End Table
- Raymour & Flanigan – Colin Chair in Ecru
- Arhaus – Naomi 48 inch Round Coffee Table in Gold
- Wayfair – Kate and Laurel Ciel Metal Mirrored Ornate Decorative Tray
- Joss & Main – Tavalone 21.5 inch Table Lamp
- Joss & Main – Jane Gray Floral Hand Tufted Area Rug
- Raymour & Flanigan – Kaden 66 inch TV Console in Antique White
- Wayfair – Her Peony Garden Canvas Print by Oliver Gal
- Nordstrom – Diptyque Roses Scented Candle
- Amazon – Vogue Living Coffee Table Book
- Arhaus – Dumont Table Lamp
- Wayfair – Mercury Row Chevron Throw Pillow
- Amazon – Paris by Serge Ramelli Coffee Table Book
- Arhaus- Fiona Petite 40 inch Upholstered Tufted Haut Chair in Xanadu French Vanilla
- Joss & Main – Serving Tray
- Wayfair – Hardy Wall Mirror
- Bath & Body Works – 3-Wick Candle in Merci Paris
Thank you to Arhaus for inspiring this post! Of course, all opinions and statements are 100% my own.